Put your mind into this amazing quotes by Hermann Hesse.
– If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn’t part of ourselves doesn’t disturb us
– Without words, without writing and without books there would be no history, there could be no concept of humanity.
– Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.
– If I know what love is, it is because of you.
– Words do not express thoughts very well. They always become a little different immediately after they are expressed, a little distorted, a little foolish.
– People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest.
– Seeking means: to have a goal; but finding means: to be free, to be receptive, to have no goal.
– Some of us think holding on makes us strong but sometimes it is letting go
– Love shouldn’t beg and demand. Love must have the power to get confidence in itself. Only then it won’t be attracted, but will attract.
– Oh, love isn’t there to make us happy. I believe it exists to show us how much we can endure.
– You must find your dream…but no dream lasts forever, each dream is followed by another, and one should not cling to any particular dream.
– Perhaps people like us cannot love. Ordinary people can – that is their secret.
– Every man is more than just himself; he also represents the unique, the very special and always significant and remarkable point at which the world’s phenomena intersect, only once in this way, and never again.
– We must become so alone, so utterly alone, that we withdraw into our innermost self. It is a way of bitter suffering. But then our solitude is overcome, we are no longer alone, for we find that our innermost self is the spirit, that it is God, the indivisible. And suddenly we find ourselves in the midst of the world, yet undisturbed by its multiplicity, for our innermost soul we know ourselves to be one with all being.
– I have ceased to question stars and books; I have begun to listen to the teaching my blood whispers to me.
– One never reaches home,’ she said. ‘But where paths that have an affinity for each other intersect, the whole world looks like home, for a time.
– I live in my dreams. Other people live in dreams too . . . just not their own.
– Often it is the most deserving people who cannot help loving those who destroy them.
– In eternity there is no time, only an instant long enough for a joke.
– I wanted only to live in accord with the promptings which came from my true self. Why was that so very difficult?
– My real self wanders elsewhere, far away, wanders on and on invisibly and has nothing to do with my life.
– I have always been a great dreamer. In dreams I have always been more active than in my real life, and these shadows sapped me of my health and energy.
– You should never be afraid of people… such fear can destroy us completely. You’ve simply got to get rid of it, if you want to turn into someone decent. You understand that, don’t you?
– No permanence is ours, we are a wave that flows to fit whatever form it finds.
– I have always believed, and I still believe, that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value
– My goal is this: always to put myself in the place in which I am best able to serve, wherever my gifts and qualities find the best soil to grow, the widest field of action. There is no other goal.
– I will no longer mutilate and destroy myself in order to find a secret behind the ruins.
– And all the voices, all the goals, all the yearnings, all the sorrows, all the pleasures, all the good and evil, all of them together was the world. All of them together was the stream of events, the music of life.
– The world is not imperfect or slowly evolving along a path to perfection. No, it is perfect at every moment, every sin already carries grace in it.
– Each man’s life represents a road toward himself, an attempt at such a road, the intimation of a path. No man has ever been entirely and completely himself.
– The call of death is a call of love. Death can be sweet if we answer it in the affirmative, if we accept it as one of the great eternal forms of life and transformation.
– I believe that I am not responsible for the meaningfulness or meaninglessness of life, but that I am responsible for what I do with the life I’ve got.
– Our mind is capable of passing beyond the dividing line we have drawn for it. Beyond the pairs of opposites of which the world consists, other, new insights begin.
– The bird fights its way out of the egg. The egg is the world. Who would be born must first destroy a world.
– Because the world is so full of death and horror, I try again and again to console my heart and pick the flowers that grow in the midst of hell
– How foolish it is to wear oneself out in vain longing for warmth! Solitude is independence.
– You knew all along that your sanctioned world was only half the world, and you tried to suppress the other half the same way the priests and teachers do. You won’t succeed. No one succeeds in this once he has begun to think.