Airbus is constantly investigating new concepts and technologies that can further reduce aircraft fuel consumption and noise levels.Airbus plane of the future concept has (these are just some of the concepts):
– Smart seats made from plant fibers, which could change shape to offer a comfortable fit,
– See-through walls that offer passengers a 360-degree view,
– Fuel cells, “cryo-power,” and even human body heat to provide power,
– Self-cleaning materials that use beads of water to remove dirt and pathogens,
– Holographic projections of virtual decors, allowing travelers to transform their private cabin into an office, bedroom or garden.
Some of these advances are outlined in this two videos.