Thunderbolt (developed by Intel) technology is a new, high-speed, dual-protocol technology designed for performance, simplicity, and flexibility. This high-speed data transfer technology features the following:
– Dual-channel 10 Gbps per port
– Dual-protocol (PCI Express* and DisplayPort*)
– Compatible with existing DisplayPort devices
– Daisy-chained devices
– Electrical or optical cables
– Low latency with highly accurate time synchronization
– Uses native protocol software drivers
– Power over cable for bus-powered devices
With the 10 Gbps performance of Thunderbolt products you can transfer a full-length HD movie in less than 30 seconds, backup 1 year of continuous MP3 playback in just over 10 minutes
All Thunderbolt devices share a common connector, allowing users to daisy chain devices one after another with interoperable cables.
Dont forget to check out Thunderbird versus USB 3.0, which is better..
For more information visit www.intel.com