Winnie the Pooh quotes in video. Enjoy!
I don't believe that we are born with talents, but more so with the desire to do something.
Winnie the Pooh quotes in video. Enjoy!
- People who don’t think probably don’t have brains; rather, they have gray fluff that’s blown into their heads by mistake.
- Always watch where you are going. Otherwise, you may step on a piece of the forest that was left out by mistake.
- When late morning rolls around and you’re feeling a bit out of sorts, don’t worry; you’re probably just a little eleven o’clockish.
- Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.
- You can’t stay in your corner of the forest, waiting for others to come to you; you have to go to them sometimes.
- Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
- It’s always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you want him or whether you don’t.
- If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.
- If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.
- Those who are clever, who have a brain, never understand anything.
- If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we’re apart I’ll always be with you.
- Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
- Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
- Some people care too much, I think it’s called love.
- A little patch I was keeping for my birthday,” he said; “but after all, what are birthdays? Here today and gone tomorrow. Help yourself, Tigger.
- Wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing.
Aldous Huxley (1894 – 1963) was a humanist, pacifist, and satirist, and he was latterly interested in spiritual subjects such as parapsychology and philosophical mysticism. He is also well known for advocating and taking psychedelics. By the end of his life Huxley was considered, in some academic circles, a leader of modern thought and an intellectual of the highest rank, and highly regarded as one of the most prominent explorers of visual communication and sight-related theories as well!
Read his very interesting Quotes!
- There’s only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.
- The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude.
- Perhaps it’s good for one to suffer…. Can an artist do anything if he’s happy? Would he ever want to do anything? What is art, after all, but a protest against the horrible inclemency of life?
- There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution.
- A belief in hell and the knowledge that every ambition is doomed to frustration at the hands of a skeleton have never prevented the majority of human beings from behaving as though death were no more than an unfounded rumour.
- What we feel and think and are is to a great extent determined by the state of our ductless glands and viscera.
- Like every other good thing in this world, leisure and culture have to be paid for. Fortunately, however, it is not the leisured and the cultured who have to pay.
- Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure.
- What with making their way and enjoying what they have won, heroes have no time to think. But the sons of heroes—ah, they have all the necessary leisure.
- Words, words, words! They shut one off from the universe. Three quarters of the time one’s never in contact with things, only with the beastly words that stand for them.
- The rush to books and universities is like the rush to the public house. People want to drown their realization of the difficulties of living properly in this grotesque contemporary world, they want to forget their own deplorable inefficiency as artists in life.
- A bad book is as much of a labour to write as a good one; it comes as sincerely from the author’s soul.
- Science has “explained” nothing; the more we know the more fantastic the world becomes and the profounder the surrounding darkness.
- An ideal is merely the projection, on an enormously enlarged scale, of some aspect of personality.
- Dying is almost the least spiritual of our acts, more strictly carnal even than the act of love. There are Death Agonies that are like the strainings of the Costive at stool.
- Drill and uniforms impose an architecture on the crowd. An army’s beautiful. But that’s not all; it panders to lower instincts than the aesthetic. The spectacle of human beings reduced to automatism satisfies the lust for power. Looking at mechanized slaves, one fancies oneself a master.
- The whole story of the universe is implicit in any part of it. The meditative eye can look through any single object and see, as through a window, the entire cosmos. Make the smell of roast duck in an old kitchen diaphanous and you will have a glimpse of everything, from the spiral nebulae to Mozart’s music and the stigmata of St. Francis of Assisi. The artistic problem is to produce diaphanousness in spots, selecting the spots so as to reveal only the most humanly significant of distant vistas behind the near familiar object.
- A man may be a pessimistic determinist before lunch and an optimistic believer in the will’s freedom after it.
- Morality is always the product of terror; its chains and strait-waistcoats are fashioned by those who dare not trust others, because they dare not trust themselves, to walk in liberty.
- A large city cannot be experientially known; its life is too manifold for any individual to be able to participate in it.
- At this very moment,… the most frightful horrors are taking place in every corner of the world. People are being crushed, slashed, disembowelled, mangled; their dead bodies rot and their eyes decay with the rest. Screams of pain and fear go pulsing through the air at the rate of eleven hundred feet per second. After travelling for three seconds they are perfectly inaudible. These are distressing facts; but do we enjoy life any the less because of them? Most certainly we do not.
- I have discovered the most exciting, the most arduous literary form of all, the most difficult to master, the most pregnant in curious possibilities. I mean the advertisement…. It is far easier to write ten passably effective Sonnets, good enough to take in the not too inquiring critic, than one effective advertisement that will take in a few thousand of the uncritical buying public.
- Civilization means food and literature all round. Beefsteaks and fiction magazines for all. First-class proteins for the body, fourth-class love-stories for the spirit.
- It had the taste of an apple peeled with a steel knife.
Schwarzenegger gained worldwide fame as a Hollywood action film icon. He was nicknamed the “Austrian Oak” and the “Styrian Oak” in his bodybuilding days, “Arnie” during his acting career and more recently the “Governator”. Check out his famous movie quotes.
Put your mind into this amazing quotes by Hermann Hesse.
- If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn’t part of ourselves doesn’t disturb us
- Without words, without writing and without books there would be no history, there could be no concept of humanity.
- Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.
- If I know what love is, it is because of you.
- Words do not express thoughts very well. They always become a little different immediately after they are expressed, a little distorted, a little foolish.
- People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest.
- Seeking means: to have a goal; but finding means: to be free, to be receptive, to have no goal.
- Some of us think holding on makes us strong but sometimes it is letting go
- Love shouldn’t beg and demand. Love must have the power to get confidence in itself. Only then it won’t be attracted, but will attract.
- Oh, love isn’t there to make us happy. I believe it exists to show us how much we can endure.
- You must find your dream…but no dream lasts forever, each dream is followed by another, and one should not cling to any particular dream.
- Perhaps people like us cannot love. Ordinary people can – that is their secret.
- Every man is more than just himself; he also represents the unique, the very special and always significant and remarkable point at which the world’s phenomena intersect, only once in this way, and never again.
- We must become so alone, so utterly alone, that we withdraw into our innermost self. It is a way of bitter suffering. But then our solitude is overcome, we are no longer alone, for we find that our innermost self is the spirit, that it is God, the indivisible. And suddenly we find ourselves in the midst of the world, yet undisturbed by its multiplicity, for our innermost soul we know ourselves to be one with all being.
- I have ceased to question stars and books; I have begun to listen to the teaching my blood whispers to me.
- One never reaches home,’ she said. ‘But where paths that have an affinity for each other intersect, the whole world looks like home, for a time.
- I live in my dreams. Other people live in dreams too . . . just not their own.
- Often it is the most deserving people who cannot help loving those who destroy them.
- In eternity there is no time, only an instant long enough for a joke.
- I wanted only to live in accord with the promptings which came from my true self. Why was that so very difficult?
- My real self wanders elsewhere, far away, wanders on and on invisibly and has nothing to do with my life.
- I have always been a great dreamer. In dreams I have always been more active than in my real life, and these shadows sapped me of my health and energy.
- You should never be afraid of people… such fear can destroy us completely. You’ve simply got to get rid of it, if you want to turn into someone decent. You understand that, don’t you?
- No permanence is ours, we are a wave that flows to fit whatever form it finds.
- I have always believed, and I still believe, that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value
- My goal is this: always to put myself in the place in which I am best able to serve, wherever my gifts and qualities find the best soil to grow, the widest field of action. There is no other goal.
- I will no longer mutilate and destroy myself in order to find a secret behind the ruins.
- And all the voices, all the goals, all the yearnings, all the sorrows, all the pleasures, all the good and evil, all of them together was the world. All of them together was the stream of events, the music of life.
- The world is not imperfect or slowly evolving along a path to perfection. No, it is perfect at every moment, every sin already carries grace in it.
- Each man’s life represents a road toward himself, an attempt at such a road, the intimation of a path. No man has ever been entirely and completely himself.
- The call of death is a call of love. Death can be sweet if we answer it in the affirmative, if we accept it as one of the great eternal forms of life and transformation.
- I believe that I am not responsible for the meaningfulness or meaninglessness of life, but that I am responsible for what I do with the life I’ve got.
- Our mind is capable of passing beyond the dividing line we have drawn for it. Beyond the pairs of opposites of which the world consists, other, new insights begin.
- The bird fights its way out of the egg. The egg is the world. Who would be born must first destroy a world.
- Because the world is so full of death and horror, I try again and again to console my heart and pick the flowers that grow in the midst of hell
- How foolish it is to wear oneself out in vain longing for warmth! Solitude is independence.
- You knew all along that your sanctioned world was only half the world, and you tried to suppress the other half the same way the priests and teachers do. You won’t succeed. No one succeeds in this once he has begun to think.
Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life.
Time is never wasted when you’re wasted all the time.
One more drink and I’d be under the host.
Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
The problem with some people is that when they aren’t drunk, they’re sober.
-William Butler Yeats
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink.
-Lady Astor to Winston Churchill
Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it.
Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast.
A woman drove me to drink and I didn’t even have the decency to thank her.
What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.
I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re going to feel all day.
You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but, at the very least you need a beer.
Why is American beer served cold? So you can tell it from urine.
All other nations are drinking Ray Charles beer and we are drinking Barry Manilow.
When I heated my home with oil, I used an average of 800 gallons a year. I have found that I can keep comfortably warm for an entire winter with slightly over half that quantity of beer.
-Guzzler, Dave Barry
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.
My problem with most athletic challenges is training. I’m lazy and find that workouts cut into my drinking time.
Drinking provides a beautiful excuse to pursue the one activity that truly gives me pleasure, hooking up with fat, hairy girls.
- Ross Levy
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.
If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, “It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.”
I’d rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.
A drink a day keeps the shrink away.
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.
When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
Sooooo, let’s all get drunk and go to heaven!
If nothing beats a Bud, given the choice, I’d take the nothing…
Draft beer, not people!
Beer – it’s not just for breakfast anymore
Beer: Nature’s laxative.
Reality is an illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol.
Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder.
Sri Sathya Sai Baba, who died in the age of 86 in Puttaparthi, Andhra Pradesh on 23th of April. He was spiritual Guru,leader.
Read his Quotes
1. The greatest fear man can have is the fear of losing GOD’s Love.
2. Too much food results in dullness of mind.
3. A language is as sweet as the tongues of the speakers.
4. Every experience that is drawn through any of the senses has an effect on one’s health.
5. Love all beings; that is enough.
6. Discipline is the mark of intelligent living
7. When calamity approaches, discrimination departs.
8. A man’s well-being depends upon his degree of contentment.
9. God is all Names and all forms.
10. Follow the Master, face the devil, fight to the end, finish the game.
11. Real happiness lies within you.
12. All things in creation are subject to the law of change, and man, too, is subject to this law.
13. Renunciation is the power of battling against evil forces and holding the mind in check.
14. The teachers of tomorrow are the students of today.
15. God is not to be spoken of as coming down or going up, since HE is everywhere.
16. Learn to speak what you feel, and act what you speak.
17. What is the unmistakable mark of a wise man? It is Love, Love for all humanity.
18. Each man carries his destiny in his own hands.
19. Whenever and wherever you put yourself in touch with GOD, that is the state of meditation.
20. Small minds select narrow roads; expand your mental vision and take to the broad road of helpfulness, compassion and service.
21. Silence is the speech of the spiritual seeker.
22. Service springs out of LOVE and it scatters LOVE in profusion.
23. Ignorance is the most important cause of sorrow.
24. Once we surrender our mind to GOD completely, HE will take care of us in every way.
25. Have constructive thoughts, consoling words, compassionate acts.
26. Where there is FAITH, there is LOVE; Where there is LOVE; there is PEACE; Where there is PEACE; there is GOD; Where there is GOD; there is BLISS.
27. The end of knowledge is LOVE. The end of education is character.
28. LOVE is the scarcest article today.
29. Mine, not thine; this sense of greed is the root of all evil. This distinction is applied even to GOD! — my GOD, not yours! Your GOD, not mine!
30. All spiritual practice must be directed to the removal of the husk and the revelation of the kernel.
31. The mind fixed in the awareness of the ONE is line a rock; unaffected by doubt, stable, secure.
32. LOVE lives by giving and forgiving. Self lives by getting and forgetting.
33. GOD is the doer; you are but the instrument.
34. The heart of man, which is now allowed to lie fallow, has to be ploughed by spiritual exercises like repetition of GOD’s name.
35. GOD is neither distant, nor distinct from you.
36. What is meant by the phrase “to know GOD”? It means “to love GOD”.
37. When there is harmony in the home, there will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, there will be PEACE in the world.
38. The beauty of life depends upon our good habits.
39. Good company is important, it helps to cultivate good qualities.
40. You cannot see ME, but I am the light you see by. You cannot hear ME, but I am the sound you hear by. You cannot know ME, but I am the truth by which you live.
41. Be ever watchful to see that you strive to take in more and more of GOD into you.
42. If you honour your mother, the Mother of the Universe will guard you against harm.
43. The same current activates all.
44. GOD gave you the time, space, cause, material, idea, skill, chance and fortune. Why should you feel as if you are the doer?
45. Make the home a seal of harmony.
46. Have no desires to place before GOD, whatever HE does with you, however HE treats you, is the gift that HE likes best to give you!
47. Unity is divinity; purity is enlightenment.
48. Always respect another’s opinion and another’s point of view.
49. Food should not be too salty, too hot, too bitter, too sweet, too sour.
50. Reason can prevail only when arguments are advanced without the whipping up of sound.
51. Take failure and victory cooly.
52. There should not be any trace of dislike or distrust on the score of nationality, language, caste, economic status, scholarship, age or sex.
53. Your thoughts, words, and deeds will shape others and theirs will shape you.
54. GOD is ONE without a second.
55. The service of man is the only means by which you can serve GOD.
56. By eating flesh one develops violent tendencies and animal diseases.
57. The PEACE that pervades the heart can never be shaken for any reason; only PEACE of this kind is worthy of the name.
58. As close as you are to GOD, so close is GOD to you.
59. Immortality is the fruit of sacrifice.
60. The grace of GOD is like insurance. It will help you in your time of need without any limit.
61. When you feel you cannot do good, at least desist from doing evil.
62. LOVE seeks no reward; LOVE is its own reward.
63. The joy that we cause in the heart of GOD is the only worthwhile achievement.
64. Do not get attached to worldly things and pursuits. Be in the world, but do not let the world be in you.
65. Truth has no fear; Untruth shivers at every shadow.
66. Be simple and sincere.
67. The mind sees separateness, LOVE sees unity.
68. God is the life-breath of every soul.
69. The only ache people have nowadays is ache in the stomach due to over eating and lack of exercise!
70. Being a good example is the best form of service.
71. Friendship is the expression of unshakable LOVE, LOVE that is noble, pure, free from desire or egoism.
72. Money comes and goes; morality comes and grows.
73. GOD first; the world next; myself last.
74. Try to conduct yourself in such a way as not to injure others.
75. Do not use poisonous words against anyone, for words wound more fatally than even arrows.
76. Patience is all the strength that man needs.
77. With effort and prayer destiny can be attained. Start the effort.
78. You must welcome tests because it gives you confidence and it ensures promotion.
79. What is offered to GOD is totally free from all defects and imperfections.
80. Spiritual progress is right living, good conduct, moral behavior.
81. A nation that has no bridle on its sensuality, can never thrive our survive.
82. I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.
83. Teachers must be examples of LOVE and TRUTH.
84. Each country is but a room in the mansion of GOD.
85. We should realize that man has not only a mind which conceives thoughts, but also a heart which can put them into practice.
86. LOVE must express itself as SERVICE.
87. The wise are those who know the Self.
88. Whatever the trouble, however great the sorrow, persist and win by recollecting the LORD.
89. Man will realize his mission on earth when he knows himself as divine and reveres others as divine.
90. Devotion is not a uniform to be worn on certain days and then to be put aside.
91. When the road ends, and the goal is gained, the pilgrim finds that he has traveled only from himself to himself.
92. So long as you say “I am”. there is bound to be fear, but once you say and feel “I am GOD”, you get unconquerable strength.
93. Duty without LOVE is deplorable, duty with LOVE is desirable, LOVE without duty is divine.
94. When you kill an animal, you give him suffering, pain, harm. GOD is in every creature, so how can you give such pain?
95. When the magnet does not attract the needle, the fault lies in the dirt that covers up the needle.
96. When the people become good, the world will become good.
97. Practice the vocabulary of love – unlearn the language of hate and contempt.
98. God is in you, around you, behind you, above you, beside you.
99. Of all the righteous acts, help rendered to those needing it, is the most righteous.
100. Surrendering the fruit of action to the Lord is real sacrifice.
101. My birthday is the date when divinity blossoms in your heart.
102. God is neither distant nor distinct from you.
103. What is offered to God is totally free from all defects and imperfections.
104. The joy that we cause in the heart of God is the only worthwhile achievement.
105. The acid test by which an activity can be confirmed as holy or sacred is to examine whether it promotes attachment or avoids bondage.
106. Education should build character.
107. Its is Truth and Truth alone, that is one’s real friend, relative.
108. Faith is like our life breath. It is impossible to live even for a minute in this world without faith.