Completely new range that integrates smart TV and sound system with furniture. Full HD Led Smart Tv, Divx HD, Wi-Fi ready. Ikea introduces the UPPLEVA, a solution to your living room’s wire clutter. Full HD Led Smart Tv, Divx HD, Wi-Fi ready, with beauty and functionality in the living room.
Linux is dominating almost every piece of technology that we have in our homes and with us. Our phones, super-computers, TV`s, financial trades, ATM`s and more. Most of the people don’t know how Linux is actually built. Linux`s rate of development is simply unmatched. This video takes you inside the process by which the largest collaborative development project in the history of computing is organized.
This video demonstrates the powerful combination of a Microsoft Kinect and a 3D TV. The result is a system that responds to the presence of a user to create the illusion of a virtual reality joined with true reality at the plane of the screen.
This software was developed by Robert Kooima using OpenNI, and is demonstrated on an Ubuntu Linux system. The visualization uses the Electro VR application scripting system. 3D graphics are rendered using OpenGL on an NVIDIA GTX 470.
Tablet`s and smartphone are very useful devices. You can surf on internet, check your brand new photos, play games and much more. Until know we used PC Tablet`s and smartphones where there is no liquid (swimming pool`s, taking a bath,..) danger, cause we all know that electric devices and water just don`t fit together.
Computer company NTT DoCoMo designed waterproof Tablet N-06D so customers won`t have to worry no more if their tablet falls into water. But that is not all, it is even dust-proof and any quick movement. Tablet Specs:
- 7`inch High-Definition WXGA display,
- 9,9mm thick and weights only 350g.
- Dual-core 1,2Ghz processor
- hi-fi sound-system
For those who prefer surfing and reading news on smartphone, NTT DoCoMo created Smartphone SH-06D, just like the tablet, water-proof, dust-proof and even any unpredicted falls,kicks. For all those who like water and adrenaline sports. Smartphone Specs:
- 4,5`inch HD display (it can show 3D pictures)
- Dual-core 1,2GHz processor
- Etui, which can stream TV (only with antenna)
Watch TV in streaming mode, videos from youtube, usb keys, cameras, camcorders, from you computer and enter in the world of internet from you couch. With simple menu on your TV, wireless keyboard make things even more easier!
New version of operation system called OS X Mountain Lion brings more than 100 new applications. I must mention a few.
- Messages, which enables you to communicate for free and it uses the same technology like iMessage. (Messages is avaiblae in BETA version)
- Notification Center, which hold all the news (similar to iOS).
- Reminders and Notes are transfered basically from iOS.
- Game Center, which enables new abilities to share your content, better integration with twitter.
- From OS X Mountain Lion to Apple TV you can stream Live picture through AirPlay technology.
Operation system X mountain Lion is coming in summer (2012)!
Organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs) are solid-state devices composed of thin films of organic molecules that create light with the application of electricity. OLEDs can provide brighter, crisper displays on electronic devices and use less power than conventional light-emitting diodes (LEDs) or liquid crystal displays (LCDs) used today. OLEDs are used in television screens, computer monitors, mobile phones and PDAs, watches.
An OLED display works without a backlight. Thus, it can display deep black levels and can be thinner and lighter than a liquid crystal display (LCD). In low ambient light conditions such as a dark room an OLED screen can achieve a higher contrast ratio than an LCD, whether the LCD uses cold cathode fluorescent lamps or the more recently developed LED backlight. Due to its low thermal conductivity, an OLED typically emits less light per area than an inorganic LED.
- OLEDs can be printed onto any suitable substrate by an inkjet printer or even by screen printing, theoretically making them cheaper to produce than LCD or plasma displays.
- OLED displays can be fabricated on flexible plastic substrates leading to the possibility of flexible organic light-emitting diodes being fabricated or other new applications such as roll-up displays embedded in fabrics or clothing. (Light weight & flexible plastic substrates)
- OLEDs can enable a greater artificial contrast ratio (both dynamic range and static, measured in purely dark conditions) and viewing angle compared to LCDs because OLED pixels directly emit light. (Wider viewing angles & improved brightness)
- LCDs filter the light emitted from a backlight, allowing a small fraction of light through so they cannot show true black, while an inactive OLED element does not produce light or consume power. (Better power efficiency)
- OLEDs can also have a faster response time than standard LCD screens.
Check out this video where OLED technology is explained.